Play audio from my computer directly to skype and talk over

Play audio from my computer directly to skype and talk over

Postby Guest

Hi there,

I want to use Windows Media Player to play videos (which include audio) over Skype on VideoSkype calls with one other person. On the Skype test call I am able to either play the video (using the VAS driver) or play my own voice (using the Realtek driver) by toggling the audio settings in Skype during the call.

1) What I have not worked out how to do is to play my voice over the WMP audio to the other person.

2) Also, how do I stop the looping so that they do not hear their own voice while they are talking while listening to my WMP audio?

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Play audio from my computer directly to skype AND talk o

Postby admin

Hello,

1) Set VAS as the input sound card in Skype is correct. To stream microphone voice as well as WMP(or so called 'what you hear') audio, you need to select your physical microphone in VAS main window and then click the start button. See below screenshot:

2) You may use a headset instead of external speakers to reduce echo.
admin

Postby Guest

Thanks for this quick response.

However I am still a bit concerned as in I what I am describing I am not trying to record anything, just to have a Skype conversation where I am simultaneously showing the other person videos over VideoSkype.

Does this work even if you're not trying to record, and is there not a time lag in the conversation if you go through a recording mechanism?

The echoing I'm worried about is that the other person and myself will hear our own voices as part of the VAS feed. Will headsets take care of that?

Postby admin

Yes. It works even you're not trying to record. No time lag.

As to the echo, with headset, I think you might still hear yourself echo slightly in some case, but the remote partner should not hear the voice twice.

Actually, there is an approach which can completely remove the locally echo. However, it needs more configurations. We are working on it to try to simplify it and may release this feature in the future version.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Play audio from my computer directly to skype and talk o

Postby Guest

Thank you very much for this. Would it be possible to send me the settings and maybe I can get a local IT expert to help me? Otherwise I am happy to pay you for your time to help me and I can pay you on PayPal?

With thanks

Re: Play audio from my computer directly to skype and talk o

Postby Guest

Thank you very much for this. I'll try it and get back to you.

Cheers,

Return to Archived Q/A