X-Lite softphone without stereo mix

X-Lite softphone without stereo mix

Postby Guest

I am new to sound/audio technology but here is what I am trying to achieve.

I would like to open a web page containing an audio stream on a PC and have that stream available to X-Lite , a softphone so when a call is made in or out from X-Lite, the audio stream is heard.

I have managed to get this to work using Stereo Mix but I now wish to try and get it to work using your software on a PC that does not have stereo mix available.

When I dial into the softphone, I cannot hear the audio stream. Can you help? I have installed a trial version of your software.

Re: X-Lite softphone without stereo mix

Postby admin

Thanks for trying our soft. Our VAS(VirtualAudioStreaming) works for X-Lite and can fix no stereo mix issue.

Virtual Audio Streaming can work as a virtual stereo mix that lets X-Lite read what you hear sounds from it in real time.

I guess you have not correctly configured your physical audio card in VAS. Please check below configurations:
1) Set VAS as system default playback device. See:
PlayBackTHP.jpg
PlayBackTHP.jpg (86.14 KiB) Viewed 9623 times

2) You need to select your physical sound card in VAS main dialog:
Open VAS main dialog, switch to 'output audio to real sound card' panel, select your physical sound card in the drop list, then click start button. See:
virtual_audio_streaming_configure.jpg
virtual_audio_streaming_configure.jpg (4.5 KiB) Viewed 9623 times

Please let me know if you still have problems after the above configurations. Thank you.

The FAQ page:
http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/support.html
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archived Q/A