Multiple inputs for VAS

Multiple inputs for VAS

Postby Guest

We are interested in using your software for our corporate sales force to do video conferencing. Here's the scenario:
They use Lync to create a video conference with their customers. However, they then want to be able to 'share' a video as well. While that isn't a problem, there is no audio for the video. I've been able to use your software to get the audio to transmit, but then their microphone doesn't work. I'd like to be able to have the microphone also be streamed. Is there any way to do this?

Re: Multiple inputs for VAS

Postby admin

Hello,

Yes. Our VAS(Virtual Audio Streaming) can do that, in fact, it is designed for that:

1) First, as you have already done, set 'VAS speakers' as default playback device and set 'VAS virtual microphone' as the input of Lync. With this configuration, audio can be transferred.

2) To transfer microphone at the same time, open VAS main window, select your physical microphone in the left panel and then click 'start' button. See:

http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/record-microphone-voice.html

Note: Please use a headset microphone to avoid the noise feedback.
admin

Postby Guest

Thank you for your response. However, I'm still at a loss as to how we can do this…could you please explain in a bit more detail which settings to change and where? With the audio panel, Lync, and Virtual Audio Streaming, the choices seem a bit perplexing.

I think I followed your instructions, but I can't hear anything on my end. Is there a way to get the audio to play on my system as well?

Here's what we need:

· Audio from physical microphone to be sent through Lync

· Audio from Windows Media Player (or the like) to be sent through Lync

· Audio from Windows Media Player (or the like) to be heard on system it is playing on

· Audio from Lync audio conference from other system to be heard on my system

OK, that sounds like a lot of audio…can VAS do it?

Postby admin

The answer is YES. VAS can do those at the same time. The configuration is not difficult:

Step 1) Set VAS as default playback device.
XP:http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/images/VirtualAudioStreamingRecordSound1.jpg
Windows7:http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/images/playback-VAS.png

Step 2) Select your physical sound card in the right panel of VAS:

Step 3) Select your physical microphone in the left panel of VAS:
http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/record-microphone-voice.html

Step 4) Select VAS microphone pin (the name is rec.play (virtualaudiostreaming)) in Lync.

If you still have problem after following the above three steps, feel free to let me know it.
admin

Postby Guest

Thanks so much for working with me on this…however, it still isn’t quite working….

Working:
· Callee hears video and all computer sounds

· Caller hears callee talking

Not Working:

· Callee cannot hear caller talking

· Caller cannot hear video (playing on his machine)
Attachments
vas-set-as-default-speaker.jpg
vas-set-as-default-speaker.jpg (6.81 KiB) Viewed 6924 times
vas-configure-main-ui.jpg
vas-configure-main-ui.jpg (18.69 KiB) Viewed 6924 times
multiple-input-audio-mixed-VAS.jpg
multiple-input-audio-mixed-VAS.jpg (26.24 KiB) Viewed 6924 times
Lync_VAS_configure.jpg
Lync_VAS_configure.jpg (6.21 KiB) Viewed 6924 times

Postby admin

Not Working:
· Callee cannot hear caller talking
· Caller cannot hear video (playing on his machine)

Which version of VAS you are using? In old version of VAS, you may need to click stop->start button after changing real sound card in VAS right panel. If you don't do this in old version of VAS, it takes no effect even you select real sound card. I'm 100% sure caller can hear video if he selects correct real sound card in VAS.

As to the first microphone 'not working' problem:

1) Click the drop list box in the 'real microphone input' panel of VAS and select your physical microphone again; also click 'stop' and 'start' again, then say something with your microphone, can you see the audio wave?
2) Many laptops have two physical microphone, so maybe you select wrong microphone in the drop list, you may try every microphone in the drop list.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest

Thanks for it. Worked now. I selected wrong sound cards in the previous testings.

Return to Archived Q/A