still exists audio latency

still exists audio latency

Postby Guest

I've encountered problem. I've noticed that any audio playback I use the trial version of VAS to perform has a latency. I've just tested various media players through it and then through my actual devices themselves and I've noticed that the latency is still present, which is a BIG problem for me. I am having trouble figuring out how to not have delay
I am trying to run my sound card and wireless audio hid device at the same time, even with only one instance open and running the delay is still there.

Re: still exists audio latency

Postby admin

As to the delay:

1) The delay may be removed after registration. See:
http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/faq.html

2) Also try reducing the 'Buffers' value on 'output audio to real sound card' page of VirtualAudioStreaming.

3) Alternatively to 2), if you use Windows7, you can click 'stop' button on the 'output audio to real sound card' page, then check 'listen to this device' in system sound configure dialog.
admin

Postby Guest

I adjusted the buffers so the audio matched the video, but now the sound quality has gone way down. there is a popping every couple of seconds. how can I have the original sound quality and have no audio latency.

Postby admin

See the 'Buffers' value on 'output audio to real sound card' page of VirtualAudioStreaming.

The default value is 2048 and you said the sounds delay on your computer. What the value you are using now? For example, if the value is 256 and you found no delays but had stops every few seconds/crackling, you can try values between 256 and 2048. Saying, 512, 800, 900, 1024, 1050, etc. Big value of this buffer means long delay and no stop, small value is on the contrary. Every computer has different performance, so you have to try different values to find the best buffer value for your computer.

Also try:
Alternatively, if you use Windows7, you can click 'stop' button on the 'output audio to real sound card' page, then check 'listen to this device' in system sound configure dialog.

Also see post:
How to fully remove audio delay
admin

Return to Archived Q/A