Voice playback problems

Voice playback problems

Postby Guest

I have downloaded the trial version of Virtual Audio Streaming and like it very much. However, when I'm recording my voice, I can hear it playback through my headphones at a slight delay. I am wanting to use VAS for broadcasts through Skype, but I'm afraid that constantly hearing my voice played back in my ears will drive me nuts. I've been tinkering with this for some time and no matter what I do, I keep getting my voice playing back.

Please help! I want to purchase this and begin using it, but I cannot if I can't figure this problem out.

Re: Voice playback problems

Postby admin

Hello,

To remove the local playback of your microphone:

1. If you do not need to record your own voice on Skype, you can set your physical microphone in Skype. Keep VAS as default playback device so that the voice of caller can still be played to VAS and recorded.

2. If you need to record voice of both sides, you can use below configurations:
1) Install two VAS virtual drivers on your computer. Let's call them VAS_A and VAS_B.

2) Set VAS_A as the system default playback device and let it play sounds via your real sound card.

3) Stream both VAS_A's microphone and your physical microphone to VAS_B (using the attached tool), then set VAS_B as input microphone in Skype.

4) Done.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest

I tried messing with this for two hours and am having no luck. I can only opened another Virtual Audio Streaming. There was no way for me to get two applications to work together as suggested. Is there a help line to call? Maybe I'm just not following the instructions properly. Do you know when the next version will be released? As I said, I really like this program but I need to be able to use it with Skype in order to buy it.

Postby admin

OK. We will make this configuration more easy in future release. Now see more detailed description on the below post:
How to remove audio feedback and hear voice in real time
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archived Q/A