Stereo Mix Question

Stereo Mix Question

Postby Guest

I have downloaded your very promising S/W and installed on my Windows 7 (64 bit) PC. I reviewed all your guides and examples, but for some reason I’m not able to configure the desired setup.

I tried using both your built in recording (Wav) and MP3 recorder as well as my Audacity application. After selecting (as default) your virtual streaming drivers for playback and/or recording, I’m able to record but I cannot hear the music (via my external speakers). When I select the my SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio device as the default, I can hear the music (via my external speakers), but I cannot record.

I would really appreciate a clear (step-by-step) explanation for configuring your s/w so that I can always hear and record what is playing on the PC.

Re: Stereo Mix Question

Postby admin

Yes. VAS is the right software for you to fix the 'stereo mix currently unavailable' problem on Windows 7, 8.

You need to set VAS as the default playback device, as you have already done. To fix the 'no hearing' problem, you need to select your physical sound card in VAS main window, see the below picture:

First, click stop button, then select your physical sound card in the drop box, then click start button again.

Also, double check the audio volume button in system tray, sometimes, it is muted.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest

Thank you very much for your help. Last night I managed to figure out the same, what you recommended. It seems to work now. There is, however, a very strange “glitch”. During recording, intermittently, a female voice is heard for a moment, saying something like “file”. Where is this coming from? How can it be eliminated?

Postby admin

That 'glitch' is a female voice saying 'trial' every few minutes. It is the limitation of the trial version. You need to buy a license key to remove it. Registered version does not has this voice.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archived Q/A