Capturing audio from YouTube, Midi playback and split songs

Capturing audio from YouTube, Midi playback and split songs

Postby Guest

Although I can hear sound from YouTube and can play back midi music using Noteworthy Composer, I am unable to find a method that will let me capture the audio with Virtual Audio Stream. My "traditional" recording software packages are unable to record this sound even though they are configured for VAS and work in all the other cases. Strangely enough, there is a free product called Freecorder that will capture the audio stream and save it as a WAV or MP3 file. Is VAS able to tap into these streams?

Re: Capturing audio from YouTube, Midi playback and split songs

Postby admin

Have you tried the recording command in VAS systray menu? Set VAS as system default sound card, and then click the recording command in systray menu. It should work.

I'm sure VAS should record all 'what you hear' sounds if you set it as system default sound card. View the article below:

http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/record-sounds-what-you-hear.html

If you still get problems, let me know your current configurations.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest

Yes, it works. Thanks again. So far, splitting files on silence has not affected my recordings. I am recording classical music which contain silent passages of varying lengths and very low volume sections of music. Eliminating the silent sections and breaking up the music would not be appropriate for this genre. How long must a silence last before the file is split? What is the threshold that defines when silence begins and ends? Do I have any control of these values (even if I need to make a Registry hack)?

Postby admin

Our VAS does not split songs by silence. It split songs by 'kernel streaming'. Windows opens an audio stream when it is asked to play a new song, VAS can detect this and record this new song as a new file. In other words, if there is silence in one song, VAS does not split it. This is our unique feature, only VAS can split songs by kernel audio streaming. It is more accurate than those audio recorders that split songs by silence because many songs also contain silence internally.

Give a try with the VAS systray recording command, then you will understand it. Also read:

http://www.virtualaudiostreaming.net/auto-split-recorded-files-per-audio-streaming.html
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archived Q/A