Stream what you hear audio to remote speaker via virtual Microphone

Stream what you hear audio to remote speaker via virtual Microphone

Postby Guest

Hi, is your product able to do the following :

One computer in my network connected to speakers.
Other computers in the intranet stream whatever windows trying to play (not app-specific) into that pc.
Since multiple PCs might play at the same time - the speakers PC should mux them( just like any other case of multiple apps in windows)?

Re: Stream what you hear audio to remote speaker via virtual Microphone

Postby admin

How do you send audio from 'other PC' to 'speakers PC'? Which audio streaming software you are using now?
admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest

I don't. I'm looking for a solution to have one living room speakers (connected to htpc), and rest of my laptops (1-4), use these speakers over the lan when they need to. (no specific sound, from a windows beep to mp3 / browser / whatever (not an app-plugin, I don't wanna chase every app installed...)

Postby admin

You can use the below solution:

Install our VAS in your 4 laptops. VAS will then work as a virtual sound card and redirect all the audio it receives to virtual microphone pin. With VirtualAudioStreaming, you need Not to setup plugin in each audio player and can stream all sounds including MP3/browser/what you hear.

Then for streaming on Lan, there are a lot of free audio streaming/broadcasting software on Internet, for example, you can use shoutcast. Shoutcast can read VirtualAudioStreaming virtual microphone in and broadcast it in realtime.

For audio mux, VAS auto mux all the sounds it receives before it redirects sounds to its virtual microphone pin.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archived Q/A