support this kind of re-redirection?

support this kind of re-redirection?

Postby Guest

Hello,

what your software does is great. But I think I've an application which is not supported, yet: I have a W-LAN Streaming device which I want to direct to a virtual soundcard at my PC.

Are you supporting this kind of re-redirection or will you possibly do it future?

Re: support this kind of re-redirection?

Postby admin

Our VAS can list all windows wave devices and use them.
Do you mean your w-lan streaming device is not listed in our VAS? Can you let me know how you want to connect those audio devices? Which W-lan streaming device?
admin

Postby Guest

The medion audio streaming device is a standalone device connected via DLNA/WLAN. It can be connected i.e. via Android App Skifta or the PC-Software on2share where it's listed as "W-Lan Streaming Adapter" with its IP-Address.

Postby admin

Is it a playing device or recording device? Can Windows media player or VLC list it and play it?
If they can, you can use Media Player to play its sounds and then set VAS as the default sound card of your computer.
admin

Postby Guest

Windows Media Player finds the device (playing device) but I couldn't make it play the music, yet.
I want to use any sound program specially WinAmp, GoldWave, .. (not WMP because I don't like it) to play sound via my DLNA playing device (renderer). So I thought I could use VAS as default soundcard and VAS streams the sound to my DLNA-device.

Postby admin

VLC supports upnp media server. We may consider adding this feature in future release.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Archived Q/A